ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
This Environmental Sustainability Policy formalises our commitment to supporting the principles of environmental sustainability and recognises that a sustainable environment is central to our lives and our work.
Our ambition and commitment are to contribute to meet the global commitment to the Paris Agreement1 and the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN’s Agenda 20302. The long-term objective is to achieve a climate-neutral value chain no later than 2045, so that our customers can also do so.
The aim of our Environmental Sustainability Policy is to:
- implement environmental actions within the company
- monitor the environmental actions and improvements internally
- communicate environmental initiatives internally and externally
- work towards ISO 14001 and implement it into our operation at a later stage
This policy and associated procedures apply to all directors, staff and contractors working for the company.
Our customers are always looking for new sustainable solutions. Sustainable development is a key in our product development plan, and we are always looking for new ways on improving our products to meet our customers’ requirements and goals.
Business partners also have a duty to minimise their impact on the environment and must comply with all relevant regulations concerning environmental legislation. Business partners must at all times keep up to date with current environmental legal requirements that are relevant for the ways in which business partners’ activities, products and services affect the environment, and through education courses, awareness training, management and supervision of operations, business partners must ensure that all legal requirements are complied with.
MariCare respects our relationship with the natural environment and its ecosystems. We acknowledge the adverse impacts that human activity can impose and take actions to prevent degradation of those natural systems.
MariCare commits to the following principles and practices:
- Monitoring and managing our environmental performance and working towards targets set to reduce adverse impacts.
- Complying with relevant Local environmental policy, practices, regulations and legislation, and industry-specific legislation.
- Reducing the consumption of natural resources in daily operations, including water, paper and energy.
- Maximising the recycling of resources.
- Disposing of waste appropriately, including e-waste at designated e-waste centres.
- Committing to the principles of preventing pollution to the environment and continual improvement.
- Minimising pollution by taking steps to limit carbon emissions resulting from vehicle and air travel.
- Where possible, encouraging suppliers and partners to meet high standards of environmental performance.
- Communicating this policy to all employees, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Reporting on the company’s environmental performance in both internal and external communications, where relevant.
- Reviewing this policy annually and measuring targets and performance as part of that review.
MariCare also strives to comply with:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- OECD norms and principles for multinational enterprises
- UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs)
- The principles of the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
Responsibility and Review
This Environmental Sustainability Policy is the responsibility of the Management of MariCare Oy. This policy was last updated March 2023 and will be reviewed January 2024.